Perfect Form....

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Funny Story...........

So when I go to work, at the hospital at 2:20 in the afternoon, I ususally don't have time to do the dishes before I leave. Besides, until I get home, the family has eaten at least one more meal and they will pile up for me. So to make things easy on myself, I ask the boys to please at least load and unload the dishwasher for the night.

Makes sense, right?

I think so too.

They aren't buying it.

My boys would rather be outside hauling manure, or chopping up firewood, or even putting dual tires on the 1026 with their dad.

You know, manly stuff.

If you didn't notice, there's a serious shortage of girls around here.

The only other girl I have to rely on and stick together with works full time, then goes to college at night full time. She's pretty busy.



She hates to do dishes too.

The boys try anything to get out of dishes. I'm pretty laid back about it.

I only work part time, and yes, things come up on a farm that require the guys to help with, then who feels like doing the dishes after they helped out their dad??

 On this particular night, they weren't busy.

Oh no.

I came home to the dishes all over the place, and they weren't even close to being clean.

BUT

And I use the word "but" loosely.

BUT there was a note clipped to the refridgerator door.

Oh, yes, a note from my dear husband saying "The boys will do the dishes in the morning".

Ok, I figured they had a rough night, doing I have no clue as to what, but something.

So the next morning, I asked my husband why he wrote me the note, and what happened on the farm that required the boys to help so much??

His response, "What note?"

I said "the note on the refridgerator door from you".

He said in a rather loud voice "where's the note?"

By this time, my youngest was scrambling up, looking through the trash can for the note.

My sixteen year old was giving my fourteen year old a funny look.

My fourteen year old was saying "I can explain"................


Needless to say, my fourteen year old is pretty good at duping us.

It's scary, he writes just like his father.

It's pretty hard to get mad at him too.

End result, oh yes, they did have to do the dishes.

We all got a pretty good laugh out of that one, and the stinker almost got away with it.

Okay, carry on I have more dishes to get done, it's my weekend to work!

Love, me

No comments: