Perfect Form....

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

It's that time again....

The time when my allergies go haywire (no pun intended), and the weeds start to grow.

Wait, the weeds have been growing since like February.

 A Lot. A Lot, A Lot.

Last week, I challenged my couch bound zombie-killing boys to run up the tractor path. I told them the last one up had to do the dishes.

That's one way of getting them off the couch!

I had to stop at least 3 times on the way up.

It's one of those like 3 mile straight up hills.

Honest!

Well,

Okay, it's only about a half mile straight up.

I've been trying to get in shape and lose weight because I have a prom to go to!

(More on that later).

So we all tore out of the house, tripping on one another and doesn't my smart-alec 16 year old get on the dirtbike with his socks on and beat us all??

Cole and Quin noticed we had some pretty nasty mustard seed weeds growing in our hay field.

They told their father at dinner that night.

Guess what the boys were doing yesterday??

Yup armed with shovels, they hiked up the hill again and dug out all the weeds in the hay field.



Break time.

Funny, they didn't want to go back to work after this.

Attention: We have a man down! I repeat, a man down!!



Earl loved this, he's stalking his prey in the mighty jungle corn field.

If you don't want to pull weeds, don't tell your dad they're in the field.

They were so proud, they were going to finish up today, but instead told themselves, "15 more minutes and we're done".

And they did it!

Now, they're working on cleaning up the yard.

Don't you just love Spring??

Love, me



No comments: