Perfect Form....

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

"The walk"






The walk is sacred. No one knows what goes on on the walk. Nobody but us. This is my friend, Carolee. She had no idea I was taking her picture. I might be missing in a couple of days if she finds out I put this on here. Hmm, lets hope not, we really need to keep walking. We have so many adventures on our same walk, I think we have the most fun of any two people in the whole world just walking.




Yep, we need major help. I think they call it therapy, right??




The state cop drives by and she waves. I want to moon him (he'd probably pass out and drive into a tree and that would serve him right for ticketing my poor mom) and she actually waves all friendly like. I smacked her.




It's not like we live near a city where we need a state cop around. I mean come on, this is Kempton where the average 12 yr. old has at least 2 guns that are actually his and he know's how to use them. So with my 8 kids, we have how many guns in our house?? Not one , no way Mr. Obama nope not us we have none. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.




So while we walk, we talk alot. You would think we never talk to another human being but each other. We never shut up and if we do, we talk about why we have nothing to talk about. Sometimes it can get pretty confusing.




The best was when we were walking over the summer, and being the busy mom's we are, it was getting pretty dark on us while we were in the middle of our walk. Not to worry, this is the country, and not many people are on these roads. Besides, our sneakers were white and reflective. Good enough. So we are talking about laundry rooms of all things and how we can organize ours. Well, mine, not hers as she's pretty organized already and only has 2 kids, not a herd like me. We were talking about rubbermaid containers, and I catch something out of the corner of my eye, kind of like behind my head. Maybe it was just a weird feeling, I don't know. But I turned around and there is this guy jogging like 1 foot behind us. Now, if you're a jogger, why wouldn't you alert two helpless women in front of you that you are there?? This could have gone about 12 different ways. I could have flailed out when he scared the crap out of me just by being there, and kicked him in the nutz. But I didn't. I could have also punched him anywhere. I mean when you scare people like that you should be prepared, right?? But I didn't. You wanna know what I did??




I screamed like a bansheee. Yep, bloody murder and all. I think I hurt his ear drums because he mumbled somthing like "I was gonna let you know I was back there." And what did Carolee do?? She froze. Yep, my protector froze like a popsicle. Great, a banshee and a popsicle. No need to worry, we're on the lookout. The jogger just kept jogging right through. Oh well, I like to think I at least scared him by that scream as much as he scared the living crap out of us. Next time I'm going for the kick to the boys, yep, no more screaming for me, I mean business!!


Until it happens that is, I have no fight or flight response, I scream. Gosh, where's that superwoman kick I'm supposed to possess??

I must have left it on Holstein Drive.

No comments: