Perfect Form....

Thursday, October 30, 2008

God has a great sense of humor....





OKay, a little background here. We own a few vehicles. Out of these few vehicles, there's only one of them I trust on a good day.








They are a 1997 jeep cherokee which ever since I got it, it rendered me a magnet for things like my friends who drive into the back of me, and busses! Yes, my friend was following me to my farm one day (she just can't find my house even though she's been here twice). I stopped at the stop sign. Looked both ways, and proceeded to go. Out of the corner of my eye, this guy came flying up the road too fast for me to pull out in front of so I stopped. Then WHAM! My lovely friend ran right into the back of me, and for a small taurus, that was at a standstill, the sucker packed a punch. Okay that was the end of opening the back of my jeep. So right before Easter vacation, the excact day that it started for the school I drove bus for, I'm on my way home. I came up to a 4-way stop. I stopped. I looked. I then proceeded to be on my merry way. When I was just about through the intersection, a campus bus makes a right hand turn into my back tire on my passenger side. He did not stop. Threw my jeep around in a circle, then got out of his bus and acted like he never saw me. Remember, I'm a school bus driver. I got out of my jeep, talked to the guy and as we were talking he actually asked me if we had any openings on our lot. HMMM.Nope. So that's the jeep, oh, the jeep has this loud ticking noise that seems to get louder. Remember that, it's important.








So the second car is a 1991 dodge spirit, 5-speed manual that we all affectionately call the "Zippy car". I bought this car from one of my very best friends awhile ago and paid only $1000.00 for it. Back in the day, we all loved the Zippy car. The only problem with the Zipster is she tends to have something go loose and slip off in the gear shifter thingy (like my technical terms?) Which pretty much renders you in neutral all the time. Now, if you're one of my older boys, or my husband, you just keep on driving and fix said thingy. I am not one of them, I refuse to do that, nobody should have to drive like that. They have turned blue trying to teach me, but I refuse. hmm, maybe it's because of vehicle number 3??






Oh boy, this is my favorite, it's my 2002 Dodge truck which sounds so nice with it's dual exhaust, looks so high up with it's lift, and big tires. But this truck hates me. One day I pulled out from an intersection, and my driveshaft decided to disengage. Thank God for four wheel drive! I had bad ball joints too, which have been fixed by my guys, but not fast enough.




So here's my point.








Jason and I were driving home from the bank one day in the jeep which kept making that annoying ticking noise. I then asked Jason when he was going to fix the noise, and I let him know it seems to be getting louder every time I start it up. (And no, it did not stop once you drove it either.)








That's when I got the "why don't you trust me?" speech. Ugg, okay, like I trust you, but usually in this family, when stuff goes wrong with a vehicle, I'm driving it.








So he proceeded to tell me that the noise was there when our son owned it, and it's really not any worse after 3 years, just a little bit louder, and I quote " honey, it will take a long time for it to get really bad".








Yep, so God was listening, and feeling my heart palpatations every time I drove it. I know he was. because........








At 3:30am, my husband, on his way home from work, called me and asked me to wake our oldest son up. ...








me-"so what's the matter dear??"








him-"umm nothing, I'm trying to call Code-Man's phone and he must be sleeping really good."








me-"what do you need him for?"








him-"well, the jeep died"








me-(trying not to laugh) "oh, that's too bad, I'll get our son to come get you"








him-"oh there he is on the other line, gotta go, I'll be home soon"








So I wait for about 10 minutes and call Jason again.








"Honey are you sure you're all right??" (As I hear him panting like he's out of breath)








Gasp"Yes, I'm just trying to get this jeep off the road".








"Oh, okay, be safe, love you, bye!"








I hang up happy!!!!!!








Maybe that was really mean, but hey,now we also own a Polar Blue Kia Rio!!!! That is brand new with a wonderful warranty (can I just say if I'm driving it, I will never have to change a flat tire again!!) It's okay, I still would rather drive my truck but have battles with myself and the gas mileage every time I drive it.

No comments: